Dining Out gift cards FAQ
GIFT CARD EXPIRY DURING COVID CLOSURES
If your gift card has expired whilst our venues were temporarily closed, please be reassured that your balance has not been lost.
We have extended the expiry of all gift cards which were due to expire between 20/03/2020 and 24/09/2021 up to 25/09/2021.
So, if your original expiry date fell between 20th March 2020 and 24th September 2021 you will now have until 25th September 2021 to spend and enjoy your balance.
If you are unsure of the balance or expiry date for your card you can check it here: https://www.showmybalance.com/
WHERE CAN I BUY DINING OUT GIFT CARDS?
Dining Out Gift cards are available to purchase online here. If you order online, you can choose either a digital gift card
received by email or text message or you can send a physical gift card, delivered by post inside of a greetings card with your own personalised message.
You can also buy our physical gift cards from some supermarkets and high street retailers as well as many of our restaurants, pubs and bars. Just pop into your nearest one and speak to a team member.
WHERE CAN I SPEND DINING OUT GIFT CARDS?
Dining Out Gift Cards (whether physical, email or SMS) are valid at any Mitchells & Butlers venue in the UK as well as any other. You can search all available venues here
IN WHAT AMOUNTS ARE YOUR GIFT CARDS AVAILABLE?
You can credit our gift cards with any amount from £5 up to the total value of £250 each.
FOR HOW LONG ARE THEY VALID?
Our gift cards are valid for 12 months from the later of the date a value was last loaded onto the card and the date that any value was last redeemed.
WHO CAN I SEND AN EMAIL OR TEXT MESSAGE E-GIFT TO?
Email e-gifts can be sent to anyone with a valid UK email address. Text message e-gifts can be sent to anyone with a UK mobile number starting with 07.
WHEN I ORDER AN EMAIL OR TEXT MESSAGE E-GIFT FOR A FRIEND, HOW WILL I KNOW IT HAS BEEN SENT?
After you've made payment you should receive an email detailing your order and confirming the delivery of your e-gift.
WHAT IF THE E-GIFT, SENT BY EMAIL OR TEXT MESSAGE, IS NOT RECEIVED?
Get in touch with our team with your details and they'll respond to your query as soon as possible.
HOW DO I SPEND AN E-GIFT CARD RECEIVED BY EMAIL OR TEXT MESSAGE?
Just show the email (either on your smartphone or as a print-out) or text message, which will contain a unique gift code, to your server, who will then redeem it for you.
DO I HAVE TO SPEND ALL THE MONEY ON MY GIFT CARD IN ONE GO?
Not at all. If there is any remaining balance on your gift card, feel free to come back and spend it before the expiry date.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT WHAT THE REMAINING BALANCE IS ON MY GIFT CARD?
To check the balance on your gift card, please click here and follow the simple instructions.
CAN I ORDER LARGE QUANTITIES OF GIFT CARDS?
WHAT ARE THE GIFT CARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS?
1. The Gift Card may not be exchanged for cash.
2. The Gift Card is not a cheque guarantee, credit, debit or charge card.
3. No change will be given but the balance can be used for future purchases.
4. We will not be held liable for lost or stolen cards - protect this as you would cash.
5. To check the balance of your Gift Card, please visit www.showmybalance.com and follow the simple instructions.
6. A Gift Card is valid for 12 months from the later of the date that any value was last loaded onto the Gift Card, or the date that any value on the Gift Card was last redeemed
7. The Gift Card is valid at any Mitchells & Butlers venue in the UK. You can search all available venues at www.thediningoutgiftcard.co.uk/. The Gift Card cannot be used (i) to make any online purchase (ii) at any Moto or other Mitchells & Butlers franchise or (iii) at any site not managed by Mitchells & Butlers: please check with your server that the Gift Card can be used at the particular site before ordering.
8. Gift Cards can be purchased with a minimum value of £5, up to a maximum of £250.
9. SMS and email Gift Cards should be treated as cash. If deleted they will not be resent.
10. SMS and email Gift Cards will be free to receive.
11. Digital Gift Cards are valid either presented on a smart phone or printed out.
12. Gift cards can be used multiple times until all of the remaining balance is spent. You can check the balance of your Gift Card at https://www.showmybalance.com.
Further terms and conditions are available here
I HAVE AN ISSUE WITH MY GIFT CARD, BUT I CAN'T FIND THE ANSWER HERE.
Get in touch with our team, who should be able to help you with any further queries.