Dining Out gift cards FAQ
Dining Out Gift cards are available to purchase online here. If you order online, you can choose either a digital gift card received by email or you can send a physical gift card, delivered by post inside of a greetings card with your own personalised message.
You can also buy our physical gift cards from some supermarkets and high street retailers as well as many of our restaurants, pubs and bars. Just pop into your nearest one and speak to a team member.
Dining Out Gift Cards (whether physical or email) are valid at any Mitchells & Butlers venue in the UK. You can search all available venues here
You can credit our gift cards with any amount from £5 up to the total value of £250 each.
Gift Cards are valid for 24 months from the later of the date that any value was last loaded onto the Gift Card, or the date that any value on the Gift Card was last redeemed.
An eGift Card is an electronic Gift Card sent via email. On the delivery date you choose, a message is sent to the recipient informing them of your gift, with a link to retrieve it online. The link in the email displays a page showing the eGift Card you created (the design you selected, with your recipient's name and your personalised message), its value and card details. This page also gives simple instructions for redeeming the eGift Card.
You will receive an email message confirming delivery, and a message notifying you that the eGift Cards have been viewed. If the eGift Cards go un-viewed for 15 days after delivery, you will receive a message with options for resolving the issue. You may also contact our Gift Card Team on 0331 630 5409 or at [email protected] with the order number from the email you received confirming your purchase, and we can let you know if the recipient has viewed their gift card.
Just show the email (either on your smartphone or as a print-out) or text message, which will contain a unique gift code, to your server, who will then redeem it for you.
Not at all. If there is any remaining balance on your gift card, feel free to come back and spend it before the expiry date.
To check the balance on your gift card, please click here and follow the simple instructions.
1. The Gift Card may not be exchanged for cash.
2. The Gift Card is not a cheque guarantee, credit, debit or charge card.
3. No change will be given but the balance can be used for future purchases.
4. We will not be held liable for lost or stolen cards - protect this as you would cash.
5. To check the balance of your Gift Card, please visit www.showmybalance.com and follow the simple instructions.
6. A Gift Card is valid for 24 months from the later of the date that any value was last loaded onto the Gift Card, or the date that any value on the Gift Card was last redeemed
7. The Gift Card is valid at any Mitchells & Butlers venue in the UK. You can search all available venues at www.thediningoutgiftcard.co.uk/. The Gift Card cannot be used (i) to make any online purchase (ii) at any Moto or other Mitchells & Butlers franchise or (iii) at any site not managed by Mitchells & Butlers: please check with your server that the Gift Card can be used at the particular site before ordering.
8. Gift Cards can be purchased with a minimum value of £5, up to a maximum of £250.
9. eGift Cards should be treated as cash. If deleted they will not be resent.
10. eGift Cards will be free to receive.
11. Digital Gift Cards are valid either presented on a smart phone or printed out.
12. Gift cards can be used multiple times until all of the remaining balance is spent. You can check the balance of your Gift Card at https://www.showmybalance.com.
Further terms and conditions are available here