Five great gift ideas for grandparents
Every Christmas our older relatives get a poor deal when it comes to presents: comedy socks, a bubble bath gift set, or something even less inspiring. This year, why not get a real gift for your young-at-heart grandparents or great aunties and uncles?
Dining Out Cards can be redeemed at some of Britain's best-loved pubs, bars and restaurants, on good food, great wine and even weekends away. Now that's a proper present!
The gift of choice
Your favourite family member can spend their Dining Out Card on all sorts of experiences wherever they choose. Here are five ideas to inspire you:
- An indulgent steak dinner. They'll thank you for a slap-up meal at Miller & Carter steakhouses. Some are steeped in fascinating history, such as Miller & Carter Harrow, which has a special dining room named after WW1 pilot Leefe Robinson.
- Afternoon tea for two. All Browns brasseries serve up a tasty traditional afternoon tea, perfect for catching up with old friends.
- A short British break. Let them get away from it all with a few days in a stunning location. Try the Innkeeper's Lodge Loch Lomond near the rugged mountains of Balloch Castle Country Park.
- A heart-warming pub meal. There's nothing better than a cosy fire and a plate of hearty pub-food after a long country walk. Choose from more than 200 Vintage Inns across the UK, all with rustic character and charm by the bucket-load. Or discover our hidden gems for an even larger dash of individuality.
- A proper Sunday roast. You can't beat Toby Carvery for a great-value roast dinner with all the trimmings. Even better, they're open every day; not just on Sundays.
You'll never struggle for Christmas present ideas for grandma, or a great uncle, ever again.